Sunday, March 29, 2009

Training

I am trying to train my two little rascals. WOW! It is proving harder than I thought! When I let them out into the garden, they run like the wind and bark for the whole neighbourhood to hear. If I chase after them with a slipper to give them a little smack, they think it's a great game! They know how to "give paw" but they will only do it for treats lol. I think I am too soft. I just find them so funny sometimes, even when they're naughty.

Georgie runs at the wall and calls the next door neighbour's dog to come... and then it starts. The barking, jumping on all fours and the sticking up fur around the neck. He calls the dog to one end of the wall end and then runs to the other end barking non stop lol. I chase him with the hose pipe. Squirt him a bit and he thinks it's fabulous!

Has anyone had the same problem with corgi's?
If anyone has any tips that may help, I would really appreciate it! :)
The barking is the main problem.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Have you taken obedience classes with them? I cant stress enough how helpful they are!

Tina said...

At the moment I can't afford them. I am just doing what I can. Walking them, teaching to sit and "heel" etc.

~Ann~ said...

I have that problem with my boy dog. My girl is no problem at all.

I did end up buying a bark collar but couldnt use it because I felt bad. :(

So its back to hearing the lovely barking music :)