Monday, January 26, 2009

A Sting and a Fluffy Paw

Yesterday I had to take Georgie to the vet because he had something stuck in his paw. I was just making his food and as I took the bowls through, with him following behind, I saw him suddenly start jumping around like a monkey and licking his paw. I tried to get him to calm down so I could see what it was. I called someone to help me hold him down to have a look. I could see something small, but didn't know what it was. Looked like a sting. So, rather to be safe, I rushed him off to the vet. He cried the whole way :(. The vet couldn't see properly either and said he would sedate him and then look. I had to leave my little boy there, not knowing what was wrong! I was so anxious the whole day! Later in the afternoon, the vet phoned and I was told I could fetch him. Whatever was in his paw had fallen out aparently.

I got him home and noticed his left front paw had been shaved, not the right one which had the sting in it. I turned him over,(he was still very drowsy) and had a look. There was the sting!!!! I got my sister to help me and we got it out. His first bee sting! Turns out the new vet working there had done the wrong paw. He phoned and apologised and we didn't have to pay the bill at all.
I'm just glad Georgie is fine. He is bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

What a silly vet LOL! Glad he's ok :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY i can comment! Lol. Shame the poor boy. Bet he will never fake a limp again. But am glad he is feeling so much better!